Marc Garfield, DPM, FACFAS
Board Certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery
213-A Bulifants Blvd
Williamsburg, VA 23188
I have been performing foot and ankle surgery in Hampton, Newport News and Williamsburg since 2000. My expertise includes common deformities such as bunions and hammertoes as well as pain related to flat feet, all foot injuries and diabetic related complications. Since we keep a portion of our schedule open for emergencies, we can see any foot injury or infection within 24 hours, usually on the same day if you call during business hours.
Technology Helping Patients and Doctors:
Minimizing the time in the waiting room and maximizing the time with your doctor leads to better health care. As insurance companies focus on reducing doctors salaries as a way of cutting costs. Doctors try to compensate by seeing more patients and you are left with a two hour wait for a 5 minute visit and a $50 copay.
Implementing some of today’s newer technology, has allowed us at the Lightfoot Podiatry Center, to focus on the most important element of health care--YOU.
- REDUCE YOUR TIME IN THE WAITING ROOM: Patients will be scheduled to respect your time and ours.
- INCREASE YOUR TIME WITH THE SPECIALIST: Get all of your questions answered by your doctor.
- PRESCRIPTIONS ARE SENT DIRECTLY TO YOUR PHARMACY: So you do not have to drive to the pharmacy, drop off the slip and return later to pick up your medication. Take one trip to pick up your medication, after allowing a reasonable time for your pharmacist to fill the prescription.
- PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS: will be printed out in a clear and easy to read fashion and can be e-mailed to you so you need not worry about finding and filing such information—save your refrigerator for your kids artwork.
- DIGITAL X-RAYS IN THE OFFICE: Having the latest innovations in x-ray technology on site means that you will have your exam and x-rays in the same day reducing the number of visits necessary to treat any given condition. But more importantly, you can be assured that your exam is based on the most current technology, with the highest level of detail and with astounding speed and accuracy.
- New LASER TREATMENT SERVICES: Including fungal toenail restoration, wound care, hair reduction, spider vein ablation, pigmented spot removals, skin tag removal, wart removal. All treatments are performed with the top of the line Zimmer Cryo 6 laser skin cooling technology to ensure optimal comfort and performance from our laser services.
The most common appointments in our office are for:
Laser toenail treamtents
Toe nail changes/Nail fungus
Injuries of the foot and ankle
Any other issues concerning your feet
Call us today, my staff and I look forward to meeting you and getting you back on your feet.
Marc Garfield, DPM, FACFAS